Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Shipping Out



I haven't even boarded this ship, yet I'm already in love. I'm fantasizing about walking up the plank (okay, it's really a ramp), being greeted by a handsome guy dressed in white, accepting the offer of that first ice cold Diet Coke (sorry, no Pepsi), and walking out onto my beautiful balcony to an endless view of blue ocean.

Thankfully, this is one dream that will come true on Saturday. We're headed for a 7-day cruise to Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerta Vallarta. This is our fifth cruise and we've loved all of them. In my estimation, it's the purest way to vacation. I don't plan to do anything more exerting than raising my hand for another drink and pushing my chair up to the table. No phones, no emails, no students, no cooking. No worries.

I'll report in after my trip, but, until then - Bon Voyage!!

4 comments:

  1. I've got to get myself on a cruise. You and I vacation exactely the same way. Have a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOOOOOO jealous. Last chance....can I come along?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so jealous too! I love that you have embraced the "purest" form of vacationing. It sounds absolutely delightful. Have a cold Diet Coke by the pool for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds absolutely delightful. Enjoy every second. Sorry I didn't respond to your email, but maybe we can get together with Kelly during spring break.

    Spring Break is the best..I'm still waiting for mine.

    ReplyDelete