Friday, August 28, 2009
What I Learned (and Learned Again) This Summer
1. I'm a terrible blogger.
2. I never do the projects I plan to do in the summer.
3. The beach always sounds nicer than it is.
4. Babies take up lots of room.
5. There's nothing nicer than waking up every morning to the sweet sound of
Bailey saying, "Hi, Nanna!"
6. Kelly and I are addicted to Bannagrams.
7. Saturday lunch at Cafe Coyote in Old Town with the fam is a tradition worth
keeping - except we need Lindsay there....she works every Saturday.
8. I won't die if my house isn't clean.
9. A groomed yard without toys is overrated.
10. Everything tastes better when eaten on a patio.
11. Grilled anything tastes better.
12. It is possible for two families to live together and not kill each other.
13. No matter how many times I tell myself I'll work out in the summer, I never do.
14. Flowers in my yard make me happy.
15. I still consider Pat Conroy my favorite author.
16. Summer TV is a joke.
17. No problem, Bailey. I don't need 8 dinner plates. 7 will work fine.
18. Nothing lights up a home like a child's laughter.
19. I haven't forgotten the moves to Hokey Pokey or The Ants Go Marching One by One.
20. There's a reason 56 year-olds don't have babies.
21. I never imagined I'd have a 17 month-old grandaughter who smacks her booty and
says, "What??? What???" Thanks Kelly and Lindz.
22. I always look forward to returning to teaching in the Fall.
23. I start looking forward to Halloween in July
24. Playing Ping-Pong with the family is a great way to spend summer afternoons.
25. MY HOUSE IS TOO SMALL!!!!