Friday, August 28, 2009

What I Learned (and Learned Again) This Summer



1. I'm a terrible blogger.



2. I never do the projects I plan to do in the summer.



3. The beach always sounds nicer than it is.

4. Babies take up lots of room.

5. There's nothing nicer than waking up every morning to the sweet sound of
Bailey saying, "Hi, Nanna!"



6. Kelly and I are addicted to Bannagrams.



7. Saturday lunch at Cafe Coyote in Old Town with the fam is a tradition worth
keeping - except we need Lindsay there....she works every Saturday.



8. I won't die if my house isn't clean.

9. A groomed yard without toys is overrated.

10. Everything tastes better when eaten on a patio.

11. Grilled anything tastes better.



12. It is possible for two families to live together and not kill each other.

13. No matter how many times I tell myself I'll work out in the summer, I never do.
Too hot!!

14. Flowers in my yard make me happy.

15. I still consider Pat Conroy my favorite author.



16. Summer TV is a joke.

17. No problem, Bailey. I don't need 8 dinner plates. 7 will work fine.

18. Nothing lights up a home like a child's laughter.

19. I haven't forgotten the moves to Hokey Pokey or The Ants Go Marching One by One.



20. There's a reason 56 year-olds don't have babies.

21. I never imagined I'd have a 17 month-old grandaughter who smacks her booty and
says, "What??? What???" Thanks Kelly and Lindz.



22. I always look forward to returning to teaching in the Fall.

23. I start looking forward to Halloween in July



24. Playing Ping-Pong with the family is a great way to spend summer afternoons.

25. MY HOUSE IS TOO SMALL!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Pandy! I love this post. I especially agree with #8, #10, #16 and #23. I would love to come meet your family in Old Town for lunch on a Saturday. That sounds delightful. And I would kill to see Bailey slap her butt and say what? what? Ryan is now saying bye-bye and we're all thrilled...maybe he's not retarded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Bailey sticking her butt out is to die for...Love it.
    I never get jack done in the summer as well...all those BIG plans I make in May never seem to compare to swimming and sleeping in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're back! I love Bailey's butt slap picture--that is way too hilarious! Having just done two days at the beach, I have to agree with number three. And I totally took the summer off from exercising and cleaning! I don't have that kind of time.

    ReplyDelete