What's the deal with January? Nothing to look forward to. No vacations or school breaks. Crummy weather. Maybe it was meant to be a time to recoup after Christmas. Maybe it exists just to make us REALLY appreciate Spring. I'm not sure.
All I can think about in January is WHERE AM I GOING ON MY NEXT VACATION??? I need a vacation. I really do. This is how I know I need a vacation:
1. Everyday I get up, I swear my house shrunk overnight.
2. I cry when I get cruise brochures in the mail.
3. I look forward to traveling on a plane (that's just sick).
4. I leave my bed unmade expecting the maid to take care of it.
5. I look for a mint on my pillow every night.
6. I find myself only buying travel-size toiletries.
7. I can't remember what day it is.
8. I wear Hawaiian shirts and leis to school.
9. I'm thinking that I've never been to Montana. Maybe I should go.
10. I'm thinking that food storage isn't all that important....maybe the
money could be better used on a classy resort somewhere in Jamaica.
These are serious signs. The remedy can only be a vacation. Now, where should I go? There's always that trip to Paradise (Hawaii). It never fails to please. I could go back to my old high school stomping grounds at Myrtle Beach. Maybe a trip up the coast of California - Monterey and Santa Barbara are beautiful. Or perhaps a place I've never been. I don't believe in aiming low. I go for the fantasy. I know it won't happen if I never give it a shot. If I have to settle for something a little less appealing....there's always the next dream.
I'd like to know what your ultimate vacation would be. Where would you go? Who would
you go with? What would you do? Remember it's a fantasy, so go big!
Let's hear it for dreams!!!